|Birthname||Drew Blyth Barrymore|
|born on||22 February 1975 at 11:51 (= 11:51 AM )|
|Place||Culver City, California, 34n01, 118w24|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°34' 18°07 Asc. 19°03'|
American actress and noted family, the daughter of John Drew Barrymore and Idelko Jaid who bears the name of an acting family that has been famous for generations. By age ten, she had credits in several outstanding films, "Altered States," "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial," "Irreconcilable Differences" and "Firestarter." Poised and a natural, at age seven she was a host on "Saturday Night Live."
When her parents separated, she was raised by her mom and moved with ease into life in the fast lane. She entered her first rehab for alcohol abuse at 13, relating that she had been snorting coke since she was nine. The following year, in July 1989, she made a bungling attempt at suicide when she cut her wrists with a kitchen knife. While still a teenager she wrote a tell-all autobiography, "Little Girl Lost," relating a deep and overwhelming period of loneliness from 6 to 16.
Though she finally sobered up, no director would give her a chance until she played a villainous teen-age sexpot in the campy "Poison Ivy," 1992. That fall she was cast as the star in a CBS six-episode pilot, "2000 Malibu Road." Totally "comfortable in her own skin," Drew appeared nude on a summer cover of "Interview" magazine, and with no inhibitions about nudity, has flashed her breasts in nightclubs, for photographers and for Dave Letterman on his national talk show.
From mid-1993 she lived with Eric Erlandson, 32, the blond guitarist of the band "Hole." They met in Seattle when she was filming "Mad Love." She made an impulsive marriage to Welsh-born Jeremy Thomas, 31, on 3/20/1994, shortly after 2:00 AM in a bar near Hollywood Blvd. She had known him for six weeks and the marriage lasted for 29 days. In 1997 she began a two-year relationship with actor Luke Wilson.
In 1994 Drew formed her own production company, "Flower Films." Romping through life with a careless gaiety, she covered more ground by age 21 than most people do in a lifetime. If she survives to maturity, she has a good chance of becoming a fine actress, so natural before the cameras that directors are amazed.
Drew is estranged from her dad and through the mid-90s, had little contact with her mom, seldom having occasion to speak. Jaid put Drew's baby memorabilia on the auction block in November 1999.
On 2/18/2001, 3:00 AM, a fire ripped into the $3 million home that Drew shared with her live-in boyfriend, comic Tom Green, 29. They were saved by the barking of her
adopted chow-yellow Lab mix Flossie and walked away from a total loss of the property. She had met Green to discuss a role in the film "Charlie's Angels," which Drew starring in and co-produced. She was already a fan of his offbeat humor and was in love by November 2000. Within months, she was standing by her man when he was diagnosed and treated for testicular cancer, which is now in remission. On 7/07/2001, Drew and Tom married in Malibu. Wearing a lace-sleeved cream gown, she was escorted by his mom, Jaid; her estranged dad did not attend. The union lasted all of five months: Tom filed for divorce on 12/17/2001.
On November 30, 2004, her father died in Los Angeles, cause unspecified.
- parent relationship with Barrymore, John Drew (born 4 June 1932)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 10 May 1994 (Filed divorce after 29 days marriage)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 17 December 2001 (Green filed for divorce, five months)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (High school dropout)
- Traits : Personality : Personality robust (Easy with nudity)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab at age 13)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Family : Childhood : Family distant (Estranged from both parents)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Kin)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Problems with drugs and alcohol)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (Parents divorced when she was young)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Married 29 days)
- Passions : Sexuality : Exhibitionism (Flashed nudity in public)
- Personal : Death : Suicide Attempt (Slit wrists)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut age ten)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (TV show S.N.L. at age seven)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (2000 Malibu Road)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women